Thursday, January 12, 2017

Blackmonster Self Portraits


 Supposing my work was formal I may create or perhaps dabble in portraiture.
Below are a few samples of my self-portraiture. And how, if I were beautiful these images might not have even been made. What's interesting is that when I was younger and debatably more genotyp-ically pleasing, it was a fantasy of mine to cut my face to spite any potentially objectifying interest in my appearance. But though I did not cut my face there is a cut on my heart. 

"Do you see what I see?"



Here are some valuable links concerning the self portrait.



And below I have included some examples of self-portraits and a portrait that I admire. Work by 
Otto Dix and Max Beckman.






































































 





                                                    
                                                    DIX

                 
 
Von Halle by DIX
                                                


    DIX





MAX
    


MAX






No comments:

Post a Comment