Friday, July 8, 2016

Can you spare a glass of water?




I created this series in conjunction with the exhibit on Water at the Santa Fe State University Museum of Art. Unfortunately, the three works I created were not selected, but as information in the media leaked about the water crisis in Flint, MI, I continued the series and completed 10 digital works. Water is and will always be a problem for society. From the Roman aqueducts to the lead toxification of water in Michigan, people around the world and in the US are fighting for the human right of clean water. For this series, it was the first time I created digital works using only the tools available in a resolution independent application. This challenged my conventions of digital painting or using drawing as a reference. But I feel the work is successful in that I am able to express what is intended using what at the time I regarded a limited tool set.















No comments:

Post a Comment